Monday, February 3, 2014

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen



I am currently in the middle of Pride and Prejudice. This book is very much one of the classics that, in my opinion, should be read at least once. 

What pushed me to first read this book was that my sister watched the movie and absolutely adored it. I got online and read a couple reviews, and everyone said that they love it. So, I decided to read it. 

I am nearly halfway through this book, and I must admit, I don't feel that the book is going anywhere. It seems that maybe there is a chance that something might happen between Jane Bennet and Mr. Bingley, and we obviously know that something will happen between Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet. I just wish that, maybe, Jane Austen had not been so descriptive, and had sped up the plot a bit. However, I will soon reach the middle of the book, and I am optimistic that it will pick up it's pace, and that the story will finally be able to proceed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment