Monday, June 17, 2013

The Last Song

Recently, I began reading the novel, "The Last Song," by Nicholas Sparks. I just finished "The Notebook" written by him as well. I am very inspired by his writing and I'm very intrigued by his books.

I am nearly halfway done with it, but I am very interested. The main character, Ronnie, is seventeen and going through many teenage problems. Her parents have recently divorced and she is forced to live with her Dad and younger brother for the summer in North Carolina. Thing angers her a lot because she doesn't want to leave behind her life in New York and she doesn't want to live with her Dad. At first, she stays defiant and refuses to do anything because she is so angry at everyone and everything.

As Ronnie begins to form a new love with a local boy and begins to fix her relationship with her Dad and brother, we find out a lot about her past. She was excepted to Juilliard school of Arts for her talent for piano, but after her parent's divorce, she refuses to play the piano.


No comments:

Post a Comment