Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick


This is a book that was also turned into a movie. This book was a very quick read, because it was almost completely pictures. This book is based on a true story of a French Pioneer filmmaker.
I actually did not enjoy reading this book as much as everyone else. I did not enjoy the fact that there were so many pictures because I felt that that didn't aid the imagination, but rather hindered it. I also did not enjoy the story line of this book. I found the story to not have much description in the writing, because of all the pictures that were aiding the story. I enjoy reading a book that is very descriptive because I enjoy picturing things in my mind. I also watched the movie of this book, but it strayed from it a lot and I did not enjoy watching it either.

No comments:

Post a Comment