Sunday, February 10, 2013

?... The Holy Bible?

Reading has been my main occupation during my free-time this term. I have picked up a lot of 'controversial books' from the library that both interest me, thrill me and frighten me.
My list of books is rather long, however when I see a book that catches my eye I just have to pick it up! Once I really get into a book it is rather dangerous, for myself and others surrounding me!
The theme of religion has really had an impact on my thinking lately. I find it fascinating how books have changed the world and peoples perspective.
The books are;
The Thinker's Guide To Evil (an introduction of the mentality and anatomy of evilness and its origins)
In Defence of Atheism, The case against Christianity, Judaism and Islam
... and last however not least,
The Holy Bible (New Scofield Reference Edition)
The reason why I picked up the bible is because it is completely perplexing. Tangible fascination. A bittersweet flavor to my eyes. It may not be a traditional english reading book. But it is indeed something! I want to know and understand how such a object can control peoples minds and actions. Christinaity however is not the only thing I am interested in, I also want to know more about Judaism and Islam.


Other books that I have on my hands right now are
Grand Central Winter
The Heart of The Matter
Animal Farm ...(hooked!)

No comments:

Post a Comment